- Thaw Human Platelet Lysate Solution overnight at 4°C or for 1 hour in a 37°C water bath.
- Prepare complete MSC culture medium by adding uman Platelet Lysate Solution to basal medium (i.e. Dulbecco’s Modified Eagles Medium-Low Glucose; DMEM-LG) with 2 mM L-glutamine and 100 U/mL Penicillin/streptomycin as final concentration.
- hPL shows optimal growth of MSC at 5% (v/v). However, for higher cell proliferation rates, it is recommended to use 10% (v/v) of hPL.
- We recommend seeding MSCs at approximately 3×103 ~ 6×103 per cm2.
- For Human Platelet Lysate Solution ONLY, to avoid coagulation of the complete MSC culture medium, Heparin should be added at a final concentration of 2 U/mL Heparin (no. PLA-001M) or 0.024 mg/mL Xeno-Free Heparin (cat. no. PLA-XF-001M).
NOTE: Human Platelet Lysate FD and Human Platelet Lysate XF DO NOT require the addition of heparin as they are fibrinogen depleted products.
- Complete MSC culture medium can be stored at 4°C and is stable for approximately four weeks.